27 April 2010

Family album USA Episode 1: 46 Linden Street

New series of learning English from video, this one I bring you learn English from Family Album USA.
There are 26 episodes altogether.
Here are the first Episode of Family Album USA: 46 Linden Street


Richard Stewart is a photographer. In Act One he takes pictures of New York City on the Staten Island Ferry. Richard meets Alexandra Pappas.

Richard: Are you from New York?
Alexandra: No, I'm from Greece. I'm an exchange student.
He shows Alexandra some pictures for Family Album, U.S.A.
Richard: Family Album, U.S.A. It's an album of pictures of United States. Later, Richard leaves quickly.
Richard: Bye-bye, Alexandra. Thanks.
Alexandra: Bye-bye.
And he forgets something. What does Richard forget?

Family Album USA Act I

In Act Two, Alexandra tries to find Richard. She wants to return his camera bag.

Alexandra: Can you tell me how to get to Linden Street in Riverdale? Policeman: Richard Stewart, 46, Linden Street, Riverdale, New York. You should take No 1 Subway.
Richard's wife, Marilyn, is waiting for him.
Marilyn: Where's my husband?
Later, Richard arrives. But he's late.
Richard: I'm sorry. I'm so late. I had a really bad day.
Marilyn tries to find Richard's bag.
Marilyn: Hello. Yes, the number please of the Staten Island Ferry, lost and found office?
Will Marilyn find the bag?



Family Album USA Act II

In Act Three, the Stewart family has dinner together.
Philip: Robbie, the dinner was terrific.

Richard is upset about losing his camera bag.
Richard: I'm still thinking about that bag of film.

And his mother, Ellen, tries to help.
Ellen: Don't worry, Richard. Someone will find it.
Then the doorbell rings. Who is at the door?



Family Album USA Act III

0 comments:

    Blogger news